Selo gori a baba se ceslja
TV series „Selo gori a baba se češlja“ is an elegiac story of a modern Serbian village in 21st century. Written as a comedy, combined with deep melodrama elements, this a tale who secentral characters are small, simple, but at the same time great people. This is an affectionate saga of family and krsna slava (religious feast day), of sons and fatherhood, of some well-known secrets; the tale of people living by the river Morava, in Sumadija, in Serbia, but also in every other place on Earth where love and the joy of life are the main reason for living and survival.
As an executive producer, in coproduction with Serbian Broadcasting Corporation, in the period 2006-2010, Contrast Studios achieved great success, producing four seasons (89 episodes) of this famous TV series. According to television audience measurements, which is the only proper way to evaluate the success of a TV program, famous “Baba” beat all the ratings ever recorded in Serbian TV marketthus far. With the first four episodes, our series found its place at the Top Ten List, and then consolidated the position with the following ones. The share of audience was in average 65 percent, with the average rating of 32, for the period of four years of running, which means 4.5 million people, which is the half of Serbian population watched almost every of 89 episodes of our series, in premiere and the first repetition broadcasting. Radašin, Milašin, Zlatana, Radojka, Dragojlo, son Dragan and other exceptional characters made their way to the audience, making „Selo gori a baba se češlja“ a unique social, sociology and cultural phenomenon. As a proof to this, there is a long list of prizes awarded to the author, his associates and the project in whole.
- Acting couple of the year Him & Her (Ljiljana Stjepanovic & Rados Bajic), Festival of acting achievements, Nis, August 2008
- Manager of the Year in Film and TV Production (Rados Bajic), Serbian Chamber of Commerce, Belgrade, January 2009
- The Best TV series in 2008, Novosti, Belgrade, February 2009
- Golden Turkey Award- Zlatni?uran (Rados Bajic), Festival of comedy in Jagodina, March 2009
- The Statue of Joakim Vujic (Mirko Babic for the role of Dragojlo in the series and the entire artistic work), Theatre Encounters Joakim Vujic, March 2009
- Oscar of Popularity for the Most Popular TV Series in 2008, Belgrade, March 2009
- Lifetime Award (Rados Bajic), Festival of Satire and Caricature, Krusevac, April 2009
- Lifetime Award (Ljiljana Stjepanovic for the role of Radojka in the series), Festival Nusic’s Days, Smederevo, April 2009
- Award for the Top Results in the Domain of Culture – TV (Rados Bajic), Karic Foundation, May 2009
Director and writer: Radoš Bajić
Director of photography: Predrag Jočić
Composer: Aleksandar Sanja Ilić
Editor: Snežana Ivanović, Srđan Ristić, Stevan Marić
Costume designer: Snežana Bekrić, Vesna Teodosić
Makeup artist: Stanislava Zarić, Dušica Vuksanović
Radoš Bajić, Milorad Mandić Manda, Dragan Nikolić, Mirko Babić, Meto Jovanovski, Ljiljana Stjepanović, Olga Odanović, Nada Blam, Feđa Stojanović, Nela Mihajlović, Suzana Mančić, Milena Dravić, Nedeljko Bajić, Nenad Okanović, Nikola Kojo and many others.